Answer by AutoToys Staff A: 2007 should have XM NAV TRAFFIC. To see if you have it, check your owners manual, your original window sticker or go through your nav screen to setting, then see if it has option for TRAFFIC. For cars with XM nav traffic, the AUDIO plug wires at the FRONT (behind RADIO), the DVD plug wires in the TRUNK at the DVD MODULE (do not wire this plug at the radio too, or it will burn the module or will not work).
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: We havent tested it in an RDX, but if you have a separate DVD Nav unit with a 20 pin connector that looks like it will mate with the one pictured, it should work. The advantages of plugging in the XM plug, is (1) you will get audio into the system and (2) it pulls the power and ground directly from the xm audio plug, so the system is literally plug and play. You can NOT use the XM plug, but you simply need to power the unit with a 12volt DC power source and ground the unit. The wires are labeled.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: This unit VIDEO plug CANNOT be connected at the BACK OF THE RADIO (FRONT OF CAR), if you do this, and we WARN you not to do this, you will BURN OUT THE MODULE and there is no Warranty. The DVD PLUG of the unit connects at the DVD NAV module which is at the BACK OF THE CAR in the TRUNK. The audio plug for TLs (most of them) also wire IN THE TRUNK at the XM TUNER.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: Nav traffic cars have a different plug at the xm module at the trunk, so you can wire it at the front for the audio, or NOT WIRE it at ALL if this is too much work to take apart the front radio, you can just connect power and ground to the unit. There will be no audio though.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: On the 07 and newer TLs where there is XM NAV TRAFFIC, unfortunately, the rear XM tuner plug is different than what we use. For this reason, you can run the xm plug to the FRONT of the car, which may be a lot of work to remove the radio and run. The easiest way to accomplish this is to NOT use the audio plug on this unit to power the unit, and to WIRE THE POWER and GROUND separately to the unit, then wire the audio to the AUX jack of your car or, use this http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=15971 which WILL wire at the trunk of your XM NAV traffic car and also feed audio in.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: It will play an external source, you can get the source from the internal dvd player if the the dvd is at the monitor, you need a wiring diagram of the pins (we do not provide this), then tap the monitor wire for feed to an RCA composite jack, you will make one, and then you can run this to the module to feed in the video from the rear video to the front. We have done this before.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A:
The customer will have full control over their iPod music videos and any
inputs on the multimedia module with the remote control include it
No they can't use their steering wheel audio control to control the iPod
interface they will have full control with their remote control..
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: 1. It pulls the power from the XM tuner plug, the audio from that plugs into the XM tuner. It is already wired. If you do NOT want to wire into the xm tuner, there is 2 leads, for power and ground to power the unit. However, you cannot use BOTH, as it will damage the unit. It is one or the other. You should wire it at the XM tuner, since it makes it plug and play
2. EVERYTHING now is done in the trunk. XM and XM NAV TRAFFIC cars. EXCEPT you have to run the ipod cable to the front cabin area, if that is where you want it.
3. Yes, because thats the only way the car knows it is in reverse and will switch to the backup camera video. There isnt a reverse lead in any of the existing plug in connections. We show the reverse light wire as "green" but use a MULTIMETER to make sure it is the right wire before connecting, as there may be multiple green wires or they may change wire colors as years and models go by.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: Why would you want to run an extra wire to the aux port, when everything connects in the trunk and connects at the xm tuner. You can always run a 3.5 wire from the headphone jack of your ipod or mp3 to the aux port of your car.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: It works with the iphone. EVERYTHING connects in the trunk. The XM tuner for AUDIO, in the trunk. The DVD NAV player, IN THE TRUNK for VIDEO. -- The unit comes with a super long ipod cable, which you bring from the trunk to the front of the car. Everything is included.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: Specs on the square camera
Water proof Front & Rear View Camera
17 Foot Male to Male RCA Video Cable
Images Sensors: 1/3'' Color CMD
Total Pixels: 56- x 540
Resolution: 420 TV Lines
Min: Illumination: .05 LUX
IP Rating 68; Lens Angle: 170°
Auto Image Adjustment
LED Light for Night Vision
Video Output: 1.0 Vpp-75 Ohm
Power Supply: DC 12V
Dimensions: 0.78'' (W) x 0.78'' (H) x 0.78'' (L)
Sold as : Unit
Backup Color CMD Camera Built-In Distance Scale Line
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: It actually plugs into the CD changer plug behind the radio. Please note: For this option (which is for CARS WITHOUT XM), we have to CUSTOM make that particular application and this takes 2 weeks approx, so be aware of the wait.. The other applications, XM NAV TRAFFIC AND XM are in stock and do not need to be custom made.
Answer by AutoToys Staff A: This unit connects at the XM tuner IN THE TRUNK. The video part connects to the DVD NAV unit IN THE TRUNK. Everything is done in the trunk. Control for the unit is through the remote control of the unit only.
-- This is NEW HARDWARE (case looks the same), but the module is completely new, with new harnesses and hardware! Old harnesses will NOT fit this unit. Different pinouts and configuration.
1. Livio Internet RADIO with ALBUM art
2. BACKUP camera (factory) now SWITCHESAUTOMATICALLY when going into Reverse even in Ipod/Video Mode.
FACTORY BACKUP CAMERA OPTION: Most requested feature. There is now a programming option to SELECT FACTORY backup camera and have it switch automatically in the MENU CONFIGURATION SETTINGS to have the factory backup camera switch automatically.
3. IHEART Radio with ALBUM art on screen
4. Pandora Radio with ALBUM art on screen
5. Better made harnesses, Better firmware, Improved software
6. Completely new module for improvements
7. Now truly plug and play, new harnesses and pin configurations means no power or ground/accessory wire connections are required!
8. NEW! WAZE TRAFFIC GPS NAVIGATION ON SCREEN!
SHIPPING! INTERNET RADIO ALBUM ART AND SONGS PANDORA ALBUM ART AND CONTROLS
This shows OPERATION
>Installation - Plug and Play - Non XM NAV TRAFFIC CARS
This shows the install in "XM NAV TRAFFIC" cars (NEW HARNESS!)
SHIPPING See PICTURES, SCROLL DOWN
VERSION 1st QUARTER 2012 - SHIPPING - NEW IMPROVED, BACKUP CAMERA INPUT with IPOD CABLE INCLUDED!
FULL IPOD CONTROL
IPOD VIDEO OUT
FRONT AND REAR VIDEO INPUTS for FRONT and REAR CAMERAS
*** EXCLUSIVE TO AUTOTOYS.COM ****! IN STOCK FAST SHIPPING *** THIS UNIT IS UNIQUE!! BECAUSE THIS UNIT IS IMPROVED and is the ONLY unit on the unit in this price range to include
- Comes with IPOD CABLE, just plug it INTO YOUR IPOD docking connector. THATS IT
- Charges IPOD
- Direct IPOD control, IPOD VIDEO OUT with IOS4 ipods and iphones
- BACKUP CAMERA INPUT
- Multiple CAMERA inputs, including FRONT VIDEO INPUT
- Wireless remote control INCLUDED!!! (THIS IS A WIRELESS REMOTE!) - SWITCH TO IPOD mode on REMOTE
- Wired IR Repeater, plugs in and then you run your remote eye to a dash location and aim your wireless remote to the repeater
- Direct Audio feed. Direct VIDEO Feed
- This unit provides a 12 volt CAMERA OUTPUT (for your camera, HOLY SMOKES!)
- This unit provides a ACCESSORY 12 volt output (HOLY COW!)
- WIRELESS REMOTE control has functions for OFF, VIEW CAM, AV INPUT, AUX AUDIO ONLY, ON OFF FOR NAV OVERRIDE, RADIO VIEW, AUX VIDEO 1, SCAN SELECT VIDEO, AUX VIDEO 2, STOP SCAN, SCAN SPEED, SCAN SPEED +, DAY MODE, NIGHT MODE, SAVE SETTING, RESTORE DEFAULT, CONTROLS with - and + for BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, COLOR and TINT
- YOU WILL NOT FIND A MORE FEATURE PACKAGED UNIT!!!!
- It allows you to have 2 video inputs into your HONDA or ACURA NAV and it is a PLUG AND PLAY thing with high quality plugs.
-Reverse wire when on will switch between video 1 and 2 if you want to use a backup camera.
Adds video from a dvd player to factory navigation screen or backup camera.
*** Please note :there are 2 XM AUDIO WIRE HARNESSES that can come with this kit.
Please select which harness you want when ordering: Harness (1) : Wires for cars with REGULAR XM Tuners Harness (2): Wires for cars with XM NAV TRAFFIC (2007+ TLs, etc) - Now wires in TRUNK - See VIDEO
For "32" pin newer Hondas and Acuras (IF YOU OWN THE CARS BELOW
2010-2011 RL (32 pin)
2010-2011 TL (32 pin)
2010-2011 TSX (32 pin)
2010-2011 MDX (32 pin)
2010-2011 RDX (32 pin)
Honda Vehicle Applications
2010-2011 Accord Crosstour (32 pin)
2009-2011 Accord Coupe (32 pin)
2009-2011 Accord Sedan (32 pin)
2009-2011 Accord Coupe (32 pin)
2010-2011 FCX CLARITY (32 pin)
See our Install of BACKUP TO VIDEO in an ACURA TL with a PAC unit and Isimple PXAMG
See YouTube MoreInfo for all the links to buy everything we used in the video above.
NEW MODULE AND SOFTWARE SHIPPING NOW AGAIN. Thank you for your PATIENCE! Now WAZE APP compatible!! IN STOCK
NEW WAZE NAVIGATION APP for IPHONE SHOWS UP ON SCREEN!! CUSTOM!! New SOFTWARE!
*** 5 MINUTE INSTALL ***
(1) PLUG IN AUDIO plug at XM TUNER In trunk (2) PLUG in CONNECTOR at DVD (3) ALL POWER AND GROUND IS PULLED FROM XM TUNER. Connect your camera. You are done. 5 minutes!
If you use the XM plug in the trunk, 5 MINUTE INSTALL. Plug in at DVD NAV module, Y plug in at XM tuner module. All power and ground is from XM TUNER module. AWAY YOU GO! thats it!
THIS KIT IS PLUG AND PLAY, POWER AND GROUND if you plug in the AUDIO CABLE! Plug everything in and you are ready to go!
Q: Does this unit have plug and play connection for power and ground
A: If you have a compatible plug at the XM tuner, yes, it is plug and play for power and ground since it pulls power from the audio plug. Otherwise the unit requires a switch, accessory and ground input source
Q: Should I be extending any wires on this unit
A: No, you should not. If you order the correct audio harness (front or rear), it will reach the proper location for your connection. Extending wires voids you warranty and because of the volume of wires involved, you will probably make an mistake and make disable or damage the entire unit. Just order the RIGHT PART from us, select the RIGHT location.Our new harnesses are super long with a super long ipod cable.
Q: What is the remote eye for
A: This is to receive the IR signals from the included wireless remote, it switches the unit as the most important function. You can mount this anywhere in the car and then just point your remote at the eye
Q: I want to use video from my ipod of iphone for this unit
A: THIS IS NOW BUILT IN. THIS UNIT NOW CONTROLS IPOD AND HAS IPOD VIDEO OUT TO THE SCREEN Problems: ALL of the problems previous customers are having is they are MODIFYING their harnesses or WIRING IT AT THE WRONG LOCATION.
We are still getting emails on customers who are TRUSTING THEIR INSTALLER or THEMSELVES or other people who are doing it wrong.
1. DO NOT modify the harness,
2. The XM TUNER is in the TRUNK of the car, it is NOT AT THE FRONT. You wire it at the front with a rear harness, it will NOT WORK. The radio is up front, the XM TUNER is in the trunk.
The audio plug wires IN THE TRUNK --NOT BEHIND-- THE RADIO when marked for XM.
3. The DVD connection wires in the TRUNK, NOT at the radio. You change it, it will not work. This wires AT THE REAR of the car, NOT the REAR of your radio. Your radio is the NAV SCREEN, it is NOT the DVD NAV unit. This plug wires at the DVD NAV UNIT IN THE TRUNK. .
4. Do not put the IR eye wire under TIGHT PANELS. You are STRESSING the cable or pinching it, you will damage the cable and it will stop working, and we will not warranty it. Do not pull on it
5. Do NOT follow ANY ONE ELSES post in ANY FORUM other than ours on what to do. DO NOT CUT any harness, DO NOT MODIFY any harness. This is a 5 MINUTE INSTALL
99.9% of all problems are RELATED TO INSTALLATION ERRORS. Please please, just follow our directions in our forums and online. You will be fine.
This is really an easy installation but if you do not follow our directions or go by info posted elsewhere, it will not work for you. LISTEN TO US
30 day warranty on manufacturing defects only, does not include if you burn the unit out if you hook up the wrong wires or hook it up at the WRONG location or non manufacturing defects.
Please select which harness you want when ordering.
Harness (1) : Wires for cars with REGULAR XM Tuners
Harness (2): Wires for cars with XM NAV TRAFFIC (2007+ TLs, etc) - Now wires in TRUNK - See VIDEO
*** For a basic video to nav adapter that wires at the DVD NAV MODULE, SEE THIS****
This shows our new AUDIO part harness with EXTENSION, exclusive!
Want a REMOTE START IN YOUR TL?
See ONE OF OUR AUTOTOYS.COM INSTALLS IN A TL with REMOTE START
See our install in a TL of a PXAMG with HD RADIO below
*** We are direct authorized dealers for everything in our OEM department. We have fast moving stock. We sell unopened products only. Which means, you get new products, with the latest software updates directly from the manufacturer. AutoToys.com is your only choice. ***
Some of the items on this page may be prohibited by law in your
State. It is your responsibility to know whether the item you wish to purchase
is illegal under your State's law. Sound Conceptions, Inc. and AUTOTOYS.COM assume
no responsibility for violations of State and local laws as a result of items
sold, purchased or used from this site or any related source. Some products are sold for off-road/show
use only. If you see this notice, it probably means the product is intended only
for use when you have the car in a show event and is not designed for street or
*All products are new unless otherwise stated.
^ Be aware of models, years and cars shown compatible in product descriptions, if your year/car/ or model is not shown, EMAIL us FIRST before buying to confirm application. You are responsible for confirming applications before purchase.
† Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain availablilty, pricing, typography, description or photography errors. All trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective trademark holders.
All orders are subject to our Terms and Conditions. AutoToys.Com Online since 1994, over 18 years. Safe Secure SSL Ordering.
All trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective trademark holders.