This is the basic line of the High Performance Brake Systems program. It is a braking system consisting of an integral disc, available drilled or slotted,
Most sport disc applications are ABE approved, a TÜV certification granted by the German Ministry of Transport. Brembo has obtained this certification due to the wholly-owned and operated integrated foundry and production process that is implemented worldwide. Sport pads come with R90 approval according to the EU requirements.
HIGH CARBON CAST IRON DISCS
High carbon cast iron guarantees top performances and less noise due to a higher damping coefficent.
Most of the SPORT line is composed of discs with ABE approval granted by the German Ministry of Transport on TÜV certification. This is because Brembo actually develops and manufactures its entire range of brake discs in its own factories at very high quality standards ensured by stringent checks on the whole production process.
All the range’s brake pads are approved in accordance with R90 specifications.
1. A circle surrounding the letter “E” followed by the distinguished number of country which granted the approval.
2. The number of this Regulation, followed by the letter “R”, a dash and the approval number to the right of a circle prescribed before.
3. The first two digits shall indicate the series of amendments incorporating the most recent major technical amendments made to the Regulation at the time of issue of the approval.
4. The following three digits shall indicate the brake lining type.
5. A suffix of three digits shall indicate the shoe or backplate or specific dimension in the case of drum brake linings.
DRILLS AND SLOTS
Both drills and slots improve braking consistency, continuously cleaning and refreshing the pad surface. These slots or drilling provide a path to disperse built-up heat and gasses that result from pads acting on the rotors, as well as help to clean and refresh the pad surface. Both help in interrupting the water film in wet driving conditions, improving the brake response; this effect is more sensitive on cross-drilled discs owing to the different full/empty ratio of the surface and the possibility to have water flowing through theholes in the ventilation gap (on vented discs).
On the other hand, where extreme friction level is required, the adoption of a highly aggressive pad such as in racing applications is necessary and slots are the right solution: being the slots not all through the disc thickness, the overall mechanical resistance of the disc is higher.
Additionally, all of Brembo’s slotted discs are directional: the discs should be installed such that the end of the slot nearest the outer edge of the disc contacts the pad first.
**UPS ONLY. 48 states only. NO EXPRESS or AIR